Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pasta Salad

Bookmark and Share
Today was hot, the hottest day so far. We had plenty of fun in the sun but when it came time for dinner I was less than exuberant about the thought of heating up the house even further with the stove or oven. To top it off once again the girls decided to not eat a very good lunch and therefore were "starving". Oh yea as well I once again forgot to goto the store to restock our food so i was going to have to really scrounge to make something. Seeing as how I was decidedly for a cool dinner I settled on pasta salad ( in case you had not already deduced that from my title) with the following accoutrement:

1/2 can chickpeas

1 box bow-tie pasta

1/2 cup diced olives green and black

2 large carrots shredded

1 large can of canned chunked chicken

1/2 cup asparagus roughly chopped

1/2 cup peas

S&P to taste

Ranch Dressing

Normally I would not used canned chicken, the unfortunate matter was that we were out of good chicken. So I cooked the pasta, rough chopped the chicken a bit more, shredded carrots and then mixed them all in one giant bowl. I added no S&P to the dish besides salting the water, I do this some times so that people can control the amount of spice they want in their dish. On top of that I had already put in a fair amount of green olives which are plenty salty. The dish went over about as well as any pasta dish with children, they both cleared plates but I have a feeling this was due more to not eating a a good lunch. I spiced mine up with hot sauce and black pepper, if I had had proper ingredients it would have turned out better but it was all that I needed on this warm summer night.

2 comments:

  1. I've never had canned chicken before. Is it dry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no,its fairly juicy but falls apart easily which is why I chop it into smaller pieces.

    ReplyDelete