Friday, May 28, 2010

Tonight we use Ginger

Bookmark and Share
  • Today was a great day, the weather was wonderful. We went to a local nature preserve that had turtles, fish and other small animals for viewing as well as a few nature trails. After a nice afternoon we came home and spent time at the neighbors. I wanted a meal that complemented what a nice day we had. I call it Garlic Ginger Chicken, now I know that name leads one to believe that this is a Asian dish, it is not it is more of a European inspired American dish in my mind. Of course I could be way off but below are the ingredients.

  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 3 carrot, chopped
  • 1/3 cup white wine
  • 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root
  • 1/2 cups olive oil
  • 1/4 chicken stock
  • 2 large chicken breasts cubed
  • 3 medium potatoes cubed
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • salt to taste
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup fresh asparagus

I started by finely mincing the garlic, next I peeled, rough chopped and pureed the ginger root with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. After rough chopping the potatoes, asparagus and onions I set everything aside in a bowl. I mixed in the wine and ginger puree as well as some salt and pepper with everything in the bowl. Next I diced the chicken then added the chicken and olive oil to your large pan and cook for about 10 min or until not pink is visible. Finally add the rest of the ingredients to the pan along with the chicken stock but reserve the garlic. Cook until the veggies and potatoes are tender and done about 15 more min, make sure to cover the pan during this time period. Turn off the heat stir in the garlic let it stand for 5min then serve. My girls and wife loved this dish, next time I will have to make more, much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment